Are you concerned about your privacy in today’s modern world what with the NSA spying, Google Maps and GPS tracking on your smartphone? Well, here’s a post from http://www.kusi.com/ about how to hide your house from Google, and how to turn off iPhone tracking.
The bad news is that there is no way to keep your address off of Google Maps. The good news is that you can tell Googleto blur out your property (and more) so Google Maps users will not see it.
Here’s the process which is outlined at Google…
How to get your property blurred:
• Go to Google Maps and type in your address
• Bring up the street view of your property
• Look to the bottom right hand corner of the screen you shouldsee an Icon Labeled: “report a problem.”
• Click on “report a problem.”
• You will get a page labeled “report inappropriate street view.”
• If you want your house blurred, click on “my home.” Same forMy car / a license plate, face, etc.
• Adjust the image at top of form and show Google which part ofthe photo needs blurred.
• Type the verification code at the bottom of the page into thebox provided and click submit.
• Check back in a few days to see if the image has been blurred.
How to Turn off GPS Tracking in Smartphones:
1 – Go to your iPhone’s home screen and click on the settings icon
2 – Under settings, find “Privacy” and click on it
3 – Click on Location Services and turn-off Location Services
***Downside is that no other apps or any product can use your or needyour location (no access).
METHOD 2 is Disable “Find My iPhone”
NOTE: You still can’t be tracked by someone using iCloud or using Find my iPhone(all apps that need location & GPS will still work)
Step 1: Go to settings
Step 2: Scroll down to iCloud…tap
Step 3: Scroll down to “Find My iPhone”…and just Turn-Off
Related Posts via Taxonomies